Saturday, May 18, 2013

Would Christianity Lie To You?

What Might Some of These Lies Be?
Part I
     There is so much more to religion and how it formed and who and what contributed to that formation. I would like to cover some of the inadequacies and misleadings of what is presented in religion as we know it, but before I do that I wanted to post this series of video documentaries on religion that I found on Youtube.
     The man who put these next ten videos together makes some very good points. I think a lot of what he says has merit. I do not agree with everything he says, but I do think the points he raises are in fact valid and based on sound research. Of course there will be scholars that disagree as well. This is okay.
     Part of studying and learning about ourselves is to learn as much as possible even when we do not want to and when we may think there is no possibility of there being another answer other than the ones people popularly cling to. Do not write off what he says too quickly but rather try to be open to the possibility of yet another explanation. Something I find to be of particular interest is the assertion made by our host of these videos that the crucifixion never happened. And I really mean that, it is interesting.

     More discussion about the ancient Egyptians, Romans, and the cast of the column of Trajan.

     This is very good information about some of the ideas of where many of the origins of religion emerge from Egyptian religions. There are some references to sex and the sacred nature of sex, but this information is not presented in an inappropriate manner.  

     This is also interesting and it was not until I watched this video in particular that I realized I really don't think about much of the drug use within the formation and practice of religion in the history of man. Eventually I will do some research and create a blog for it. In the meantime, this video is pretty good. I think the cut-aways to the recordings of shows that try to inform people about the history of religion and then the host's comments on such are quite helpful. Really pay attention to what he says about the religion of Julius Ceasar. 

     Sacred sex and the ideas that there was/is/are great power to be found within the energy of reproduction and pleasure and the purposes/uses of such are very interesting. It is a lot more to study though and you really gotta be careful of how you type it into the Youtube search or you get some really, really bad stuff that pops up on your computer screen. So, I would recommend that if you wish to learn more about this particular subject you go to a bookstore like Borders or BarnesnNoble where you can find the info you are looking for without accidentally downloading programs detrimental to your computer.

     The possibilities of the origins of many facets of religion, Abrahamic religions in particular, is something that far more people ought to look into with greater patience and care. It does not mean that you have to change everything that you believe, but to at least be aware of and open to ALL the information out there, and not just the information that you want to hear simply because it backs up what you believe really is an important thing to do.

     I can only imagine how many hard-line Christians would rather see the world come to an end than hear what this man has to say about the formation of religion into what we all know it to be today. I hope at least some Christians have the patience and foresight to watch these videos. Like I said before, they do not have to change what they believe, but it would be great if these films can at least help a little bit in getting the stubborn minds of Christianity in realizing there are so very many ways to think and live and believe and contribute to mankind...and just because a person does not choose Christianity does not make that person bad or terrible. Christians really need to move away from such aberrant thinking.

     Here a very good question is raised: Where is the list of all the people within history that other people thought of or worshiped as gods?

     Really and truly think about the implications of what this man has to say on religion and how modern day individuals and groups have come to understand and know and think how religion was developed by man.

     There is an amazing amount of information here and I found it necessary to watch these films several times over in order to ensure I was hitting the major points of what this guy was saying. i want to be sure the notes that I take will aid me in my own research. I hope at least some of the people watching this will do research. I think it is a terrible travesty to take the reigns that are attached to the horse of religion only to allow that horse to run away with you and end up serving you no postitive purpose whatsoever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line. Say something, anything. You know you want to.